Sensitive skin is a skin type that is prone to irritation and inflammation due to hyper-reactive nature of the skin.
The reactions are usually triggered by sun exposure or contact with chemicals like dyes, alcohols, fragrances, etc. which are commonly found in skin care products. The reactions could be in the form of redness, swelling, rashes and acne and are typically characterized with a stinging, itching and burning sensation.
Sensitive skin is caused by a number of skin disorders like contact dermatitis, rosachea and eczema. People with this skin type usually have extremely dry and flaky skin that is prone to injury.
Sensitive skin care is tricky and requires immense care and attention. In extreme cases, it may require medical aid too.
Which ingredients are good for sensitive skin?
Organic, plant-based ingredients are the best for sensitive skin as they are free of skin-drying alcohols and chemicals like parabens, synthetic fragrances and petrochemicals. They can be used in the long term without the risk of side effects that are common to synthetic chemicals used in over-the-counter products.
For sensitive skin care, mild and gentle ingredients that soothe the skin and calm irritations are the best. Also suitable are anti-inflammatories as they reduce allergic reactions like redness, swelling and itching.
Some of the calming ingredients to look for in products for sensitive skin are chamomile oil, aloe vera, shea butter, clary sage oil, rose water, argan oil, calendula oil and jojoba oil. Apart from these, there a number of other natural oils that offer protection and nourishment and are well-suited for sensitive skin.
What is the best skin care routine for sensitive skin?
Sensitive skin should be treated specifically with products for sensitive skin. These are products that not only avoid triggering ingredients but also include those that calm irritations and soothe the skin.
The best skincare for sensitive skin is one that also focuses on speeding up the skin’s healing and recovery process. It aims at minimizing post-inflammation hyperpigmentation and reversing premature skin aging which are also common problems in people with sensitive skin.
Here’s your skincare routine for sensitive skin:
CHAMOMILE Soap is a calming facial cleanser for sensitive skin:
- contains chamomile oil as its key ingredient for calming skin
- quickly and effectively pacify redness and irritation
- gentle enough that it can be used on baby’s skin as well
- combined with 30 types of premium botanical oils for skin nourishment and hydration
ROSE WATER is an ACNE skin healing toner (for ACNE)
- anti-bacterial to control bacteria overgrowth
- regulates sebum production to achieve oil control
- has anti-inflammation and pacifying effects to calm redness
- has astringent properties to reduce pore size
ROSE WATER is a water retaining toner (for Dry Skin)
- has anti-oxidizing effect to slow down breakdown of skin barrier
- helps skin barrier to retain water
- turns skin supple by moisture retention
- has astringent properties to reduce pore size
FACIAL PAPER is a mask to help better absorption of liquid skincare
- creates a vaporizing effect of liquid skincare to the skin, allowing it to be smaller particles for better skin penetration
- reduces water evaporation and keep the liquid skincare moist, to prolong the period of absorption
BEST WATER is the mineral water for your skin
- nourishes skin with 30 types of essential minerals, restores skin’s natural moisturizing factor (NMF) to prevent water loss
- makes skin bouncy, supple and soft
- immediately calms irritated, itchy skin
- speeds up healing from ACNE, blemishes, burns, scrapes
Why are minerals important for our skin?
- minerals are essential to healthy skin function and cell repair
- normally present in perspiration, minerals nourish the microbiome (skin flora) that is produced at the skin’s sebum layer, which holds moisture in and blocks dirt out
- washing can remove these precious minerals, so the best thing you can do for your skin is to replace them immediately
- BEST WATER does just that, with a mineral complex that closely resembles nature’s own formula
- when skin loses softness through the processes of aging, the pores harden and appear larger. BEST WATER counteracts this tension, restoring the skin’s youthful elasticity and allowing pores to shrink naturally. The result is a soft, hydrated and fine texture complexion
ARGAN BALM is a rich moisturizing balm, also for eyes and lips.
- a very effective moisturizing balm for use on dry skin, particularly wrinkles around the eye area and corner of the mouth
- contains organic Moroccan Golden Argan oil, which maintains moisture on the skin when used
OSTRICH BALM is a powerful moisturizer for dryness and skin repair.
- made with Ostrich Oil, very close to human skin component, it is able to fully replace damaged skin layer and lost moisture
- rich in Palmitoleic acid (for Omega-7 component of our skin) to restore skin elasticity for supple and wrinkle-free appearance
- restores skin barrier to prevent water loss
Why Ostrich Oil?
- rich in Palmitoleic acid, an unsaturated fatty acid that is required in abundance in the fatty tissues of our skin
- has been known for its ability to promote cell growth, division and recovery
- rich in Vitamin F, Vitamin A and Pro-Vitamin A
- can be absorbed quickly without obstructing pores, penetrating deep into your skin to nourish the cells
- has the ability to naturally protect against UV damage
OIL WATER is a pore-minimizing skin regenerating facial essence.
- each Bottle contains around 2000 stalks of damask rose water & oil, with well-known pore-tightening & anti-inflammatory effects
- a dual-layer essence that regenerates, protects, and soothes, keeping skin soft, supple, and radiant
- top layer: of Damask Rose Oil, Argan Oil, Olive Oil and others 8 types of plant oils together improve fine lines, wrinkles and pigmentation
- bottom layer: provides extra vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to your skin
ESTHÉ POWDER conceals fine lines and pores to give naturally flawless skin
It can also be used as a healing powder, especially on improving appearances of wrinkles and scars, thanks to its active ingredients of catechins, pearl powder, and silk powder:
- Catechins: fights free radicals, protects skin from sun damage, and increases the skin’s defence & self-healing abilities
- Pearl powder: used for centuries as a natural beauty agent for skin brightening to improve skin tone, anti-wrinkles, and lightens pigmentation
- Silk powder: adds a special luminous glow to your skin and helps retain moisture for soft, supple skin
Dual-function moisturizer for skin protection and makeup primer
WATER CREAM has dual function. It forms a layer between the skin and the external environment. It locks all applied nourishment in, it blocks external aggressions out.
- it’s a combination of 12 different types of flower oil and polymeric molecules to form a protective veil between your skin and heavy colouring of your make-up to prevent colour depositing
- also used as a makeup primer. Skin’s unevenness is corrected, giving a good adhesion of your foundation and a long-lasting makeup finish
- prevents moisture loss and skin dryness
WATER UV CREAM is a physical sunblock
- contains Titanium dioxide and Zinc oxide as reflective agents to reflect UV directly on the skin surface, instead of letting it penetrate.
- No harmful chemicals, unlike chemical sunscreen.
- Water-based, no oily feeling, gives a matt finish.
- velvety texture on skin on application.
- natural herbal scent of Clary.
VEGETABLE OIL is skin softening emollient
- Softens and nourishes skin at the same time.
- It also emerges makeup from your skin: eye makeup, foundation, lipstick/ lip gloss, in preparation for cleansing.
- Also used as a facial dry-skin healing remedy, moisturizes and replenishes natural oils to your skin.
- Formulated with certified organic ingredients. Made with no alcohol, fragrances or artificial ingredients.